Thursday, May 19, 2011

Funny Girl

I have a few funny stories to tell. These all happened this week. First one was Sunday. I was getting ready for church and Anabelle was watching me as I put on my makeup. I'm not sure what prompted this question, but she pushed on my chest and said, "What's that mama?" "Is that your food in your tummy?" Not really understanding what she said, I asked her to repeat it. Again she said, "Is that your food in your tummy for Ruby June?" I guess she has caught on to me feeding Ruby. :) Later that day, I was outside laying out in my chair and reading a book. She came up to me with a flower, and told me to hold it. Then she looked at me and said, "No, just put it in your baby sister." Laughing, I said, "What?" She pointed at my belly button and said, "Put it in your baby sister!" Somehow she knows that she has a belly button, but mine is my baby sister. :) Apparently she missed the memo that baby sister was inside and is no longer there. The last story happened today. Anabelle loves taking showers with me. She loves how the water tickles her back. She giggles practically the whole time that she is in the water. Well, we were talking and she wanted some of my body wash. Its the kind with the micro beads or scrubbing stuff, either way, it makes your skin rough at first. Well, she rubbed it on her legs, and said, "Look, mama, I'm scratchy like you now." She always comes up to me to see if I'm "scratcy". She recently tested whether or not I needed a shower by how scratchy I my legs were. I told her I needed a shower, and she said, "Let me see." As she rubbed my leg, she said, "Yep, you're scratchy. You do need a shower." I just don't know where she comes up with this stuff. I love her so much, and daily get a kick out of the things she says. Hopefully one day, we will laugh together at how funny she was as a little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment